OUR WINNER is CHRISTINE of The Belletrist!
“you seem like someone who makes ordinary things seem extra ordinary”.
Happy Friday, my friends!
It’s August and I’ve never been so hot. I think my brain might be boiling. Is that normal for New Orleans? Today we’re backing away from our stovetop and shunning the oven. It’s time for an August Getaway… GIVEAWAY style!!
Here are a few of my recent favorites for you to pack up, snack on, primp up, doodle down, and read through. I want you to have them!
1. I’m the first person to tell you that you don’t need a dang blanket in the middle of August! It is not chilly! I can’t even remember the last time I was cold! But I can remember the last time I needed a blanket to sit out for a Summer picnic! This West Elm Perfect Throw makes for a lovely picnic situation and transitions very well into the more cozy winter months.
2. Meet the Everlane Weekender Bag! It’s the perfect carry-on bag. It’s the perfect bag to toss in the back seat of the car for a weekend road trip. Classic stylings. No frills. Just right. I love this bag!
3. I want you to have my very favorite nail polish! Super easy to apply, long wear, modern colors, lots of gloss and extra sass. These Revlon Colorstay Gels are Summer weekend colors!
4. Beach reading. Mountain cabin reading. Air-conditioned hotel reading. I hope you get away, put down the Instagram, and read a good book on this Kindle Reader. I’m reading The Invention of Wings.
5. I’m an avid doodler. Swirls, blocks, faces, flowers, and eyes are my go-to doodles. Doodling helps us pay attention! Doodle in style in this classic Moleskine.
6. Lips to match our nails. I mean… why not get-away with a little flair? Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain.
7. Pens for our doodle! I love these colorful felt tip pens! They’re like grown-up markers. Totally acceptable for scribbles, doodles, notes, and writing boss-lady checks.
8. Snacks! Forever with the snacks! These barkTHINS satisfy all cravings. They’re thin chocolate bites packed with almond, coconut, pretzels, or little bits of peppermint. Chocolate, sweet, crunch, and salt! I’m sooooo into these! Of course you’ll have to eat them fast enough so they don’t melt, but that shouldn’t be a problem.
9. ALOHA!!! These super supreme green juice powder packs are an amazing way to jumpstart a drowsy morning. I mix mine into a glass of orange juice and I’ve got some pep in my step!
10. There’s nothing wrong with being prepared just in case getaways go awry. These UrgentRx medicine packs are incredible because they’re flat packs of fruit flavored powder medicine. No water required. I have a few of these in my purse for emergencies. Super helpful!
11. Always be ready for wine. Always! This Bottle Stock painted corkscrew and leather pouch is perfect to throw in your new weekend bag. Open your wine in style! If you can’t wait for your pretty corkscrew and pouch, snag it now for 15% off! Discount code: WINEJOY. Offer good until Sunday August 10th.
This is an old-school blog giveaway. I’m not trying to trick you into following me on Twitter or liking me on Facebook. You can if you’d like… but it’s no biggie. I simply want you to have these rad things because it’s August and if I melt before September, I want you to think of me fondly.
Leave a comment on this post sharing the best compliment you have ever received. Then… think about how great that compliment made you feel and go out into the world and compliment a stranger! “I like your hair today!” “You have a really pretty smile!” “I feel like you really went the extra mile for me and I appreciate it!” Pass the good onward and outward. It feels great!
>> One comment per person. Be cool.
>> Contest open to one and all, wherever you may live.
>> Comments close Sunday August 10, 2014 at 8pm cst.
>> Winner will be chosen randomly and announced above on Monday August 11th.
I love you, byeeeee!
Not sure about the best compliment that I have ever received, but the oddest and most out of the blue that was appreciated was a caricature artist who was drawing me and randomly said, “Your brows are amazing. Has anyone ever said that?” It was pretty funny and made me blush, because who compliments eyebrows?
The best compliment I ever received was from my husband when I was 9 months pregnant. He said, ‘you’re so beautiful,’ even though I felt like ‘school bus’ would’ve described me better. The look in his eyes told me he really meant it.
This has made me think gratefully of the kind and wonderful people in my life. Thank you
I get a lot of compliments on my eyebrows whenever I go into a Sephora or Ulta
One time someone told me I had “good situational awareness” which is my favorite compliment that I’ve received! :)
My friend wrote this to me recently when I was having a bad day, and it helped me so much: “I know you’ll always be a beautiful, generous, smart, hard-working woman. You’re the real deal.” (She’s the real real deal btw)
“you surprise me.”
Awesome pretzel dog necklace! (I made a mini version of your pretzel dogs, strung em up, and wore them to a festival).
I was told that I’m a wonderful mother by a stranger and that my son was lucky to have me as a mom by a lactation consultant. It meant a lot to me, being that I am a young mom..
Best compliment ever was “You have a way with people,” which sounds really creepy, but was meant in a “You get along with people and make them feel at ease” sense. On a more superficial level: “You look like a Bond girl.”
I heard that I´m the cutest girl HE has ever seen ;) This meant so much to me :P
on our wedding day someone said that me and my husband were not traditionally beautiful- i took it as we were fabulously weird
The best compliment I’ve ever received: “You, my dear, are surrounded by beautiful question marks.”
In the non-profit social worker/case manager world, there are always more needs and requests than resources to meet them. My coworker is the nurse manager in charge of scheduling appointments and often has to say ‘no’ to client in lesser need than others. She recently shared with me that, “Elisha, when you come to me with a need, I don’t hesitate to give you an appointment for your client, because I know you’ve done your job and weeded through (the lesser needs) for me.” Made me feel like a rock star social worker, and I appreciated it so much :).