OUR WINNER is CHRISTINE of The Belletrist!
“you seem like someone who makes ordinary things seem extra ordinary”.
Happy Friday, my friends!
It’s August and I’ve never been so hot. I think my brain might be boiling. Is that normal for New Orleans? Today we’re backing away from our stovetop and shunning the oven. It’s time for an August Getaway… GIVEAWAY style!!
Here are a few of my recent favorites for you to pack up, snack on, primp up, doodle down, and read through. I want you to have them!
1. I’m the first person to tell you that you don’t need a dang blanket in the middle of August! It is not chilly! I can’t even remember the last time I was cold! But I can remember the last time I needed a blanket to sit out for a Summer picnic! This West Elm Perfect Throw makes for a lovely picnic situation and transitions very well into the more cozy winter months.
2. Meet the Everlane Weekender Bag! It’s the perfect carry-on bag. It’s the perfect bag to toss in the back seat of the car for a weekend road trip. Classic stylings. No frills. Just right. I love this bag!
3. I want you to have my very favorite nail polish! Super easy to apply, long wear, modern colors, lots of gloss and extra sass. These Revlon Colorstay Gels are Summer weekend colors!
4. Beach reading. Mountain cabin reading. Air-conditioned hotel reading. I hope you get away, put down the Instagram, and read a good book on this Kindle Reader. I’m reading The Invention of Wings.
6. Lips to match our nails. I mean… why not get-away with a little flair? Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain.
7. Pens for our doodle! I love these colorful felt tip pens! They’re like grown-up markers. Totally acceptable for scribbles, doodles, notes, and writing boss-lady checks.
8. Snacks! Forever with the snacks! These barkTHINS satisfy all cravings. They’re thin chocolate bites packed with almond, coconut, pretzels, or little bits of peppermint. Chocolate, sweet, crunch, and salt! I’m sooooo into these! Of course you’ll have to eat them fast enough so they don’t melt, but that shouldn’t be a problem.
9. ALOHA!!! These super supreme green juice powder packs are an amazing way to jumpstart a drowsy morning. I mix mine into a glass of orange juice and I’ve got some pep in my step!
10. There’s nothing wrong with being prepared just in case getaways go awry. These UrgentRx medicine packs are incredible because they’re flat packs of fruit flavored powder medicine. No water required. I have a few of these in my purse for emergencies. Super helpful!
11. Always be ready for wine. Always! This Bottle Stock painted corkscrew and leather pouch is perfect to throw in your new weekend bag. Open your wine in style! If you can’t wait for your pretty corkscrew and pouch, snag it now for 15% off! Discount code: WINEJOY. Offer good until Sunday August 10th.
This is an old-school blog giveaway. I’m not trying to trick you into following me on Twitter or liking me on Facebook. You can if you’d like… but it’s no biggie. I simply want you to have these rad things because it’s August and if I melt before September, I want you to think of me fondly.
Leave a comment on this post sharing the best compliment you have ever received. Then… think about how great that compliment made you feel and go out into the world and compliment a stranger! “I like your hair today!” “You have a really pretty smile!” “I feel like you really went the extra mile for me and I appreciate it!” Pass the good onward and outward. It feels great!
>> One comment per person. Be cool.
>> Contest open to one and all, wherever you may live.
>> Comments close Sunday August 10, 2014 at 8pm cst.
>> Winner will be chosen randomly and announced above on Monday August 11th.
I love you, byeeeee!