Hey it’s me. Just sliding in your inbox with a refreshing thirst trap for ya. A thirst trap for the actually very thirsty. And more than a trap it’s a solution.
Lemonade. All kinda of ways. Pink, green, spicy, tropical, healthy, caffeinated. Gosh Beyonce would be proud.
I’m just trying to keep it fresh for us this August! These days are aggressive and we need a little solace in the glass.
Here are nine ways to lemonade.
Each flavor combination starts with a classic homemade lemonade base: fresh squeezed lemon juice, honey to sweeten, and filtered water. Feel free to use any sweetener you like, maybe brown sugar or maple syrup is more your speed.
Just make sure that your lemonade is as sweet and tart as you like it before adding the extra ingredients.
And here’s what we’re working with as additions to our lemonade! What’s your favorite?
• fresh watermelon juice (using either a juicer or a blender to juice)
• fresh cucumber juice (using either a juicer or a blender to juice)
• shredded beets (for the brightest pink lemonade – it’s amazing!)
• coconut water and fresh coconut chunks
• ground turmeric and fresh ginger, grated
• aloe juice and a sprig of fresh aloe
• fresh jalapeño for spice!
• activated charcoal (for that super trendy charcoal lemonade – but make sure you’re safe to drink charcoal before you go in.)
• coffee – black coffee (it’s interesting!)
Experiment! But also… keep it easy. Whatever you do, keep a pitcher in the fridge because these August days are no joke.Print
9 Ways To Lemonade
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- For The Lemonade:
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 to 5 cups filtered water
- Additions and garnishes (choose one line per batch of lemonade:
- – 1 teaspoon ground turmeric + 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- – 1 cup cold coconut water + fresh coconut chunks
- – 1 cup fresh cucumber juice plus cucumber slices for garnish
- – 2 cups fresh watermelon juice plus wedges for garnish
- – 3/4 teaspoon activated charcoal
- – 2 tablespoons finely grated raw beets
- – 1 cup cold black coffee
- – 1 jalapeno, sliced and muddled
- – 1/2 cup aloe juice _ a few sprigs of fresh aloe
- In a large pitcher stir together the base lemonade: lemon juice, honey, and filtered water.
- Taste and adjust according to your taste. Add more honey if you’d like more sweetness. Add more water if the mixture is too tart for your taste. Add more lemon juice if you’d like a bold and strong lemonade. Get it where you’d like it!
- Next, decide which lemonade adventure you’d like to take. Stir those ingredients into the lemonade. Taste and adjust according to your taste.
- Chill the lemonade. Serve over ice with lemon wedges or addition specific garnishes. Enjoy!