Hey it’s me. Just sliding in your inbox with a refreshing thirst trap for ya. A thirst trap for the actually very thirsty. And more than a trap it’s a solution.
Lemonade. All kinda of ways. Pink, green, spicy, tropical, healthy, caffeinated. Gosh Beyonce would be proud.
I’m just trying to keep it fresh for us this August! These days are aggressive and we need a little solace in the glass.
Here are nine ways to lemonade.
Each flavor combination starts with a classic homemade lemonade base: fresh squeezed lemon juice, honey to sweeten, and filtered water. Feel free to use any sweetener you like, maybe brown sugar or maple syrup is more your speed.
Just make sure that your lemonade is as sweet and tart as you like it before adding the extra ingredients.
And here’s what we’re working with as additions to our lemonade! What’s your favorite?
• fresh watermelon juice (using either a juicer or a blender to juice)
• fresh cucumber juice (using either a juicer or a blender to juice)
• shredded beets (for the brightest pink lemonade – it’s amazing!)
• coconut water and fresh coconut chunks
• ground turmeric and fresh ginger, grated
• aloe juice and a sprig of fresh aloe
• fresh jalapeño for spice!
• activated charcoal (for that super trendy charcoal lemonade – but make sure you’re safe to drink charcoal before you go in.)
• coffee – black coffee (it’s interesting!)
Experiment! But also… keep it easy. Whatever you do, keep a pitcher in the fridge because these August days are no joke.Print
9 Ways To Lemonade
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- For The Lemonade:
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 to 5 cups filtered water
- Additions and garnishes (choose one line per batch of lemonade:
- – 1 teaspoon ground turmeric + 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- – 1 cup cold coconut water + fresh coconut chunks
- – 1 cup fresh cucumber juice plus cucumber slices for garnish
- – 2 cups fresh watermelon juice plus wedges for garnish
- – 3/4 teaspoon activated charcoal
- – 2 tablespoons finely grated raw beets
- – 1 cup cold black coffee
- – 1 jalapeno, sliced and muddled
- – 1/2 cup aloe juice _ a few sprigs of fresh aloe
- In a large pitcher stir together the base lemonade: lemon juice, honey, and filtered water.
- Taste and adjust according to your taste. Add more honey if you’d like more sweetness. Add more water if the mixture is too tart for your taste. Add more lemon juice if you’d like a bold and strong lemonade. Get it where you’d like it!
- Next, decide which lemonade adventure you’d like to take. Stir those ingredients into the lemonade. Taste and adjust according to your taste.
- Chill the lemonade. Serve over ice with lemon wedges or addition specific garnishes. Enjoy!
Healthy Kitchen 101
Perfect! Normally I just make lemonade including lemon and honey/sugar but your collection seems interesting! Try soon!
– Natalie Ellis
The Modern Proper
I love the range of color here! What a fun idea for a party–different types of lemonade!! So perfect for yes, this very hot August we are having.
Yes, charcoal lemonade is back!
I am blessed to have not one but two Meyer lemon trees in our yard. One came with the house and one we planted over my dearest kitty’s remains. “Richelieu Lemon” produces the sweetest fruit year-round. I will be doing a “Lemonade Bar” at a wedding next month. Sharing the Lemon Love.
These are such clever ideas!
johanna @ green gourmet giraffe
I love adding berry juice to my lemonade but these ideas are fun – I think the ginger and turmeric looks like the first to try! Now I just have to hope my lemon tree starts producing a bit better than last summer – am watching the buds with hope. Good luck with that summer heat and keeping cool.
BTW I once had a lemon passionfruit and charcoal juice where the passionfruit seeds looked like dead flies which was just weird but if I can find some activated charcoal I will try the black lemonade!
Timely…I am in possession of a bag of lemons.
This bag is a gift from my better half. He knows me so well…every now and again he asks himself, “how do I delight Jeanne…bring her a bag of lemons!”
Then I get to figure out what to do with them. This time, I say “LEMONADE!” and you slipped into my mailbox. I’m the luckiest girl in the world.
Paige Cassandra Flamm
Oh yum! I love lemonade! Totally trying these out throughout the last few weeks of summer!
When I saw the post title in my email inbox, I thought of Beyoncé and I was wondering if you’d written a post about how to be Beyoncé ;)
You know what…. that’s gotta be the next post.
I have to say…. I cheat! I buy the Chick-Fil-A diet lemonade by the gallon. ( yes they sell it in GALLONS ) – but I sure do doctor it up with all sorts of yummy flavors or alcohol. Deep Eddy vodka in any of the flavors they make adds a fun adult beverage time to the lemonade!
Greetings from Cyprus in the Mediterranean!
A very popular lemonade here at the moment is to put the lemonade in a blender with fresh mint and loads of ice. Blend till all the ice is crushed and enjoy.
Another personal favorite of mine is to add frozen raspberries as well (you can leave out the mint) and blend in the blender.
Love all the ideas!!Perfect for the heat waves in Bavaria!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
Lovely and great Post