Hello friends and welcome to your Sunday! I’m keeping it short this week since it’s been a long week and I’ve promised to live a life off of the computer this weekend. I hope this finds you happy and well, with a good amount of time for yourself today (if you’re into that sort of thing).
Here’s a short list of what I’ve read this week. As always, take only what you need.
• Please know Ella Baker . (The New York Times)
• The Prison Inside Prison. (Texas Observer)
• This week’s long read is a difficult human story: Her Sorority Sister Suspected She Was Pregnant. What Did Emile Weaver Know? (Elle)
• An essay for our times: My Life as Shopping Cart (The Believer)
• Cats have have a little sausage and senators can have a little milk while speaking. (The Cut)
• This is fully and completely bonkers: Slow Roasted, Twice-Fried Porter House Steak. (Bon Appetit)
• I’ve been furiously googling ideas for Mardi Gras outfits and these removable epaulettes caught my eyes. The tutorial isn’t super extensive but I bet we can figure something out! What are epaulettes? In two words: shoulder thingies. (More Better Blues)
• Let’s let Chani tell us about ourselves this Aquarius season. (Oprah)
• Join us at The Bakehouse for a jam making workshop with Jamboree Jam this spring! One of the most lovely things about living in the south is early Spring strawberry season. Join us! (Eventbrite)
• Jon made Pizza Chili served in garlic bread rolls so… game over. (The Candid Appetite)
• One year ago this week. (Joy the Baker)
Have the most lovely Sunday!
My love to you.