9 Ways To Lemonade
Hey it’s me. Just sliding in your inbox with a refreshing thirst trap for ya. A thirst trap for the actually very thirsty. And more than a trap it’s a solution.
Lemonade. All kinda of ways. Pink, green, spicy, tropical, healthy, caffeinated. Gosh Beyonce would be proud.
I’m just trying to keep it fresh for us this August! These days are aggressive and we need a little solace in the glass.
Here are nine ways to lemonade.
Each flavor combination starts with a classic homemade lemonade base: fresh squeezed lemon juice, honey to sweeten, and filtered water. Feel free to use any sweetener you like, maybe brown sugar or maple syrup is more your speed.
Just make sure that your lemonade is as sweet and tart as you like it before adding the extra ingredients.
And here’s what we’re working with as additions to our lemonade! What’s your favorite?
• fresh watermelon juice (using either a juicer or a blender to juice)
• fresh cucumber juice (using either a juicer or a blender to juice)
• shredded beets (for the brightest pink lemonade – it’s amazing!)
• coconut water and fresh coconut chunks
• ground turmeric and fresh ginger, grated
• aloe juice and a sprig of fresh aloe
• fresh jalapeño for spice!
• activated charcoal (for that super trendy charcoal lemonade – but make sure you’re safe to drink charcoal before you go in.)
• coffee – black coffee (it’s interesting!)
Experiment! But also… keep it easy. Whatever you do, keep a pitcher in the fridge because these August days are no joke.