Are you thinking about black coffee and chocolate croissants, or is it just me? Two chocolate croissants. Two please. Warm. Thank you.
Now that we’re past the holidays and into the part of the year where we’ve conveniently forgotten our New Year’s diet resolutions, it’s time to get in the kitchen, crank up the oven and bake some cold weather comforts.
Here’s some inspiration. There’s tons!
• Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie. In which we spend quality time with chicken and pie crust. It’s rich, creamy, and worth every bit of time it takes to make this beauty!
• Morning Glory Oats are sweet, hearty, and comforting. It’s like carrot cake, in a bowl, for breakfast.
• Maple-Spiced Almond Milk with a hint of pumpkin is Winter-spiced, naturally sweet, and totally huggable.
• One Pot French Onion Pasta has all the savory comforts you want from a dinner pot. Plus it makes the house smell like caramelized onions which is exactly perfect.
• Spicy Vegetarian Tortilla Soup. I hesitate to say it, but the word ‘ZESTY!’ really applies here.
• Vegan Banana Pecan Muffins. Would it sway you to know that my Mom makes these muffins almost every week? Also, flax seed eggs: wave of the future!
• Mushroom and Brussels Sprout Hash. Just add poached eggs. Game over.
• Roasted Potato Galette with cheddar and chives. It’s carb on carb. Totally a Winter tradition.
• Turkey and Bacon Meatloaf for sandwiches and beyond. An embarrassing amount of ketchup is encouraged.
• The Best Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies: there are no better words.
• I love this Apple Fennel Pistachio and Apricot Salad because it’s the perfect balance of bright, fresh, and sweet.
• Beer-Battered Onion Rings are for any and every season! No excuses.
• Classic Lemon Bars: one of the first things I learned how to bake and the recipe remains the same!
• Apple Cinnamon Baked Donuts with Brown Butter Glaze. I can’t stop. Neither should you.
• Winter Lemonade with Ginger and Cloves is spiced and sweet and full of health promoting Winter goodness!
• Salty and Malty Brown Butter Treats becsuse Rice Krispie treats are just a blank slate for all the good things in life.
• Sausage and Mushroom Risotto is so good! Go on at get your pot on the burner. So hearty and satisfying with earthy mushrooms and spicy sausage!