Hello friends, good morning to you! It’s the 290th Let It Be Sunday post. That’s plenty right? Let’s keep it moving.
I had the best intentions of writing you a breakfast recipe this week but time just slipped through my hands. I spend much of the week preparing for the first Virtual BakeAway class. More than fifty of us made apple pies together yesterday morning and it was a major success. I say that with humility.
I had a truly wild thought trot across my brain this week and it was this: holiday gifts. Can we handle it? Is there space for it in our brains? I’m thinking of making holiday care package gifts for my friends who I won’t be able to see this holiday season. Little packages with something handmade like clay pressed leaves from Camp Joy, something yummy like jars of Ground Up Nut Butter, and… I’m not sure what else but my wheels are turning.
Let’s take a deep breath and find our steadiness as we dive into this week’s links. Take only what you need today. Remember that we already have everything we need within us to show care and compassion to one another. We have the power.
• I have faith in our democracy because WE are our democracy. We can’t pin all of the ideals of this nation on the few among us who are doing the heavy lifting. It’s all of our responsibility to make a safe and just place for one another. Barack Obama on the late Justice Ginsburg. (Medium)
• Here’s an important state by state breakdown on How To Vote In The 2020 Election. Democracy, friends. Flex on it! (FiveThirtyEight)
• Listen: Redemption Day (Spotify)
• I’ve been watching the Netflix show Away. It’s about a set of international astronauts trying to land and create life on Mars. I LOVE movies about space. It’s humankind at its most vulnerable, most curious, most ambitious, and hopeful. It’s our biglittle brains thinking we can be more than our life on earth and that is absolutely terrifying and so beautiful somehow. (YouTube)
• I can’t talk about space without mentioning my favorite podcast episode of all time: Space on RadioLab. Also did you see there’s a documentary on Netflix about The Challenger? The preview alone left with with tears streaming down my face but I’ll steady my heart to watch it soon. (WNYC and The Ringer)
• I Don’t Want Kids But The Pandemic Has Made Me Miss Them A Lot. Gosh I really miss my friends’ kids, too. FYI I’m a REALLY good Auntie Joy. (Buzzfeed)
• Is she powerwashing the side of her house this weekend? She sure did borrow a power washer and will she fire up some YouTube videos about it? Yes, correct. This is what it’s like to be a single and capable homeowner OOOOKKKKK? (Hahahha no link, just me telling you what’s up.)
Take good care today.
My love to you!