NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who follow instructions at [Campaign URL – Joy to fill in with link once terms are posted to blog] and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the continental United States, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Joy the Baker and Churchill Downs as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on April 10, 2018 at 12:01am EDT and ending April 18 at 11:59pm EDT. All online entries must be received by April 18 11:59pm EDT.
- How to Enter: Upload your original photo to your Instagram account featuring your Kentucky Derby inspired meal or recipe. Caption must include the hashtag #DerbyDishContest. Photo and caption must be posted between April 9th at 12:01am EDT and April 18th at 11:59pm EDT.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive two (2) tickets to the Kentucky Oaks and the Kentucky Derby 144, one (1) hotel room in Louisville, KY from Thursday 5/3 – Sunday 5/6 (three (3) nights), and one (1) gift card in the amount of $2,000 to be used toward travel expenses. The prize has an approximate retail value of $6,600. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Joy the Baker and/or Churchill Downs to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible participants under the supervision of Churchill Downs. Winner will be notified by Joy the Baker via Instagram comment and direct message within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Churchill Downs shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within three (3) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CHURCHILL DOWNS’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Churchill Downs, anyone acting on behalf of Churchill Downs, and Churchill Downs licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Churchill Downs. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Churchill Downs from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Churchill Downs may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Churchill Downs reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Churchill Downs’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Churchill Downs may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Churchill Downs. Churchill Downs reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Churchill Downs has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Churchill Downs reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Churchill Downs and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND KENTUCKY, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Kentucky having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Churchill Downs Incorporated
600 N. Hurstbourne Parkway, Suite 400
Louisville, KY 40222
Requests must be received no later than April 25, 11:59pm ET.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is
Churchill Downs Incorporated
600 N. Hurstbourne Parkway, Suite 400
Louisville, KY 40222
- The Campaign hosted by Churchill Downs is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.