[W]e’re connected. I have all y’all on my phone and in my pocket. I take you with me to yoga. You go with me on walks. You browse the grocery store with me. You know what’s going on in my kitchen. You know when I’m strolling through New Orleans, wandering through Philadelphia, or visiting my family (and the beach… I miss the beach) in California.
My favorite way that we’re connected is Instagram. I get to see what you’ve got going into the oven and all the Joy the Baker recipes you’re celebrating your days with. It fills my heart to see you take my recipes into your kitchen and share them with your friends and family. That’s what this blog is all about and the fact that you spend your time and energy in the kitchen with my recipes means everything to me. We’re in this together and seeing you bake on Instagram is a really lovely (am I stalking you?) reminder for me. Thanks you for sharing with me. It really means so much.
I found the wonderful things you’re baking on Instagram using #joythebaker and #homemadedecadence. Go on y’all! You’re excellent.
Here’s what you’ve baked, from left-ish to right-ish:
• Peach and Blueberry Pie (it’s gluten-free!) is so nice for summer and beautifully recreated by @gabriellegeiselman.
• Brown Butter Blueberry Muffins are my very favorite muffins. I posted this simple recipe years ago and it’s still my favorite. Thank you, @andrealwan!
• Strawberry Raspberry Crisp. Summer fruit is just too easy. Lookin’good, @piebelly!
• It’s always good to get help chopping the crisp bacon for these Peanut Butter Bacon and Dark Chocolate Cookies. It’s nice to share the kitchen. @bricksonshea
• This Marrakesh Carrot Salad is worth all of the chopping and grating. It’s lovely. Don’t skimp on the feta. High-five @nosh_happy!
• Brown Butter and Pistachio Baked Donuts are the best that baked donuts can be. So pretty, too! Mega: @maysiejones
• Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream made with blackberries by @marisapinson. It’s cream cheese in ice cream… I mean, what more could you want?
• Dust off the waffle maker because Vanilla Bean Sweet Potato Waffles and fried chicken are always in season. Boom! Pow! @thehappylittleapron!
• Strawberry Cream Scones toasted, golden, and covered in sliced almonds by @michellefooter_butterscotch.
• Your next Sunday plans should include these Quick and Dirty Chocolate Espresso Cinnamon Rolls. There’s chocolate in our cinnamon rolls and they’re extra speedy to put together. Right on, @amoore1014!
• Strawberry Brown Butter Banana Bread will make your house smell like heaven. Co-sign: @mrsrotho
• @erika_bakes made these fantastic Classic Lemon Bars (don’t inhale too much powdered sugar) aaaand also made Breakfast Nachos from Homemade Decadence!
• It’s ice cream season! I love these tasty and photogenic Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cones with Salted Dark Chocolate and Orange Ice Cream from Homemade Decadence. Just beautiful and thank you for sharing @rainydaybites!
• A baby in bed with my cookbook!? Nailed it, @labeillesucree.
• Vanilla Bean Confetti Cookies are like an entire party in a single cookie. The power of sprinkles. Sounds silly but it’s real! @amandarobinsn
• Brie Cheese, Black Forest Ham and Cherry Confit inspired from a mega brunch sandwich in Homemade Decadence. Also fantastic is Cranberry Brie Grilled Cheese. You make a great looking sandwich, @andreavgarzonf! For real.
• The cake on the cover of Homemade Decadence is (if I do say so myself) completely bonkers. Chocolate cake, peanut butter frosting, covered in salty peanuts and… pretzels! It’s an over-the-top, totally decadent celebration cake artfully made by @samyamina and @lauriehouser.
• Strawberry Shortcake Cookies from Homemade Decadence and @ediblemoments. Part scone, part cookie, all good!
Thanks for sharing your kitchen with me! I love it more than you know.
I’ve only just started blogging and your posts are such an inspiration! So well written and fabulous photos! I will definitely be trying some of your recipes! xxx
Elizabeth @ Pineapples and Polka Dots
I’m also an Instagram lover. I am totally a visual person who loves pretty things- including delicious food! :)
Jessie @ Chasing Belle
I will eat and make all o the things! These are such inspiring instagram posts for satisfying my summer sweet tooth. THanks for sharing! http://www.chasingbelle.com
Thank you for stalking me and my summer fruit crisp on Instagram! This made my day. You’re one of my favorite and most frequent kitchen inspirations.