other’s Day is right around the corner which means we better have our greeting cards thoughtfully worded and sent, our flowers ordered, and our brunch aprons poised and ready for action. I’m not much for the obligatory holidays… the kind that require chocolate, flowers, hugs, and generally unnecessary celebration, but when it comes to celebrating MOM… there’s just no excuse not to. That my mom endured every tantrum of mine between 1.5 and 33 years old is a downright miracle. The least I can do is offer her flowers and breakfast once a year.
Here’s our breakfast inspiration. It’s extra important this weekend:
• Lavender Blackberry Scones: fragrant and berry studded. You might swap the blackberries for blueberries or strawberries. Whatever you prefer!
• Baked Brown Butter and Pistachio Baked Donuts: these gems are totally worth storing a baked donut pan in your kitchen cupboards for. Salty, sweet, so pretty, so delicious.
• Kale Avocado and Tangerine Salad: greens, creamy avocado, and bright citrus to balance out an otherwise rich and sweet brunch menu.
• Fresh Blueberry and Mint Lemonade: I was obsessed with lemonade last summer and this deep purple blueberry concoction is just perfectly sweet, herby, and tart! Also see: Peach and Cardamom Lemonade.
• Muffuletta Pasta Salad: New Orleans sandwich turned hearty pasta salad. Dooooo it!
• Salty Honey Pie: Pie means love. This unique, sweet and salty pie would be delicious with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
• Sausage Cheddar and Grits Frittata: For what this quiche lacks in crust, it makes up for in GRITS! Savory, cheesy and eye-wideningly good.
• Brown Butter Banana Bread: A standard. Never to be outdone.
• Spinach and Strawberry Chopped Salad: If you put fruit in your salad… it’s more dessert than salad, right? Almost.
Let’s talk about gifts too! Here are a few of my favorites for Mom and a GIVEAWAY if you read the details below!
• The Wreath Recipe Book. My mom loves flowers and gardening and I love the idea of a recipe flower arranging and wreath making. Clever as ever.
• Pansy Pink Nail Polish. Bright and youthful for Summer.
• Diana Ralys Skin Health. My favorite face products are all-organic, lovingly made, and super effective. I think the Moisture Detox Mask would be great for Mom, or treat her to a luxe gift set that includes everything.
As a gift to one of you, if you leave a comment below between May 7th and May 9th at midnight set, one of you will win a Mother’s Day Gift Set from Diana Ralys Skin Health!
• Cake Stand from Tapuy Glass. Beautiful lace-inspired glass. Super feminine and pretty. I also love the small plates.
• Crystal Posy Studs. Sparkly and classic.
• Red Handled Italian Kitchen Knives. Good classic knives are the best gift, just don’t ask to ever borrow or even use it once it’s been gifted. Sacred.
Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you do it up right!